2021/07/06

PREPPY

What’s going on?

In the 90's or 2000's, there was a Japanese music called Watts Goinon, which was a chorus or a singing song, but I'm the editor-in-chief of a style blog play that I don't know who the song is.


This time, I would like to introduce the book PREPPY that I had in my hand in the previous post.


PREPPY

Released in 2011

Author JEFFREY BANKS

Published by RIZZOLI INTERNATIONAL PUB INC (USA)


As the name suggests, preppy photos are a mixture of old and new. In the first place, I didn't really understand the difference between Ivy and preppy, so I was looking for a book to deepen my knowledge.

It may be a collector's spirit, but just being at home makes me feel stronger.


I have a further question, what is preppy? Do you know

Preppy is a style that you can wear with a more free interpretation, as opposed to the Ivy style, which was originally derived from Ivy and has well-defined rules.


Ivy League students (also used by the eight college sports federations), a collective term for eight American elite universities (Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth University, Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Yale University) The origin of this style was adopted as the fashion of the time. Polo shirt, chinos and jacket style. The style of rich high school students aiming for the ivy league, which was later called the preppy style, came to be called preppy, sometimes ironically. I imagine that a cheeky high school student went to break the Ivy style, which has detailed rules. It's a little punk.


From here on, it's my personal thought.

When I started working at a store, there were too many rules on how to wear it, and I hated the style of clothing stores. Don't wear this brand or wear stronger clothes.

When I think about it now, I think that the criteria for choosing a good one (at least within me) have been completed because of the strict teachings of those days, and I think that I have laid the foundation for myself at the time when I was messed up.

Isn't it only when there is a basic that the removal is effective? I can calculate. If you look at PREPPY from that perspective, it's a distance to remove. It growls at the distance of the rhyme in ZORN. I'll put this together here. Or if the flight distance is so far, you can call it a preppy style. It's a pattern x pattern, but each one is a solid and traditional item.


There is such a background in my previous styling. We will continue to incorporate a little material in the future, so please keep in touch!

What’s going on?

90年代か2000年代くらいにワッツゴーイノンって言うサビだったか歌い出しだったかの邦楽があったけど、誰の何て曲か全く分からないスタイルブログ戯の編集長です。

今回は、前回の投稿で手に持っていた本PREPPYのご紹介を致します。

PREPPY
発売 2011年
著者 JEFFREY BANKS
出版 RIZZOLI INTERNATIONAL PUB INC (USA)

その名の通りプレッピーな写真が新旧入り混じっております。そもそもアイビーとプレッピーの違いがよく分かって無かったので知識を深める為にも探していた一冊。
コレクター精神なのかもしれませんが家にあるだけでも強くなった気になれます。

今更な質問ですがプレッピーとは?ご存知でしょうか?
元々アイビーからの派生で生まれたスタイルでルールがしっかりと決まっているアイビースタイルに対しプレッピーはより自由な解釈で着るスタイルです。

アメリカのエリート8大学、(ブラウン大学、コロンビア大学、コーネル大学、ダートマス大学、ハーバード大学、ペンシルベニア大学、プリンストン大学、イェール大学)の総称(8校のカレッジスポーツ連盟にも使われる)アイビーリーグの学生達のスタイルが当時のファッションとして取り入れられたのが発祥。ポロシャツ、チノパン、ジャケットのスタイルです。後にプレッピースタイルと呼ばれるアイビーリーグを目指すお金持ちの高校生のスタイルを時に皮肉も含めてプレッピーと呼ぶようになりました。細かくルールの決まっているアイビースタイルを生意気な高校生が崩しに行ったのでは無いかなと想像してしまいます。ちょっとパンクですね。

ここからは私個人の思想です。
お店で働くようになった当時着方のルールがありすぎて服屋のスタイルが嫌になりました。このブランドは着るなとかもっと強い服を着ろとか。
今思えばこの頃の厳しい教えがあるからこそ良いものを選ぶ基準(少なくとも自分の中の)が仕上がって、めちゃくちゃだった当時の自分に基礎ができたのかなって思います。
基本があって初めて外しが効いてくる訳じゃないですか。計算ができるんだなと。そんな目線でPREPPYを見ると外しの距離って言うんですかね。ZORNで言う韻の飛距離に唸るわけです。ここにこれを合わせちゃうんだ。とかここまでの飛距離ならプレッピースタイルって呼べるなとか。柄×柄だけど一つずつはしっかりトラッドなアイテムだったり。

前回の自分のスタイリングには一応そんな背景もあったりします。今後もちょいネタを取り入れていくのでお付き合い下さい!



No comments:

Post a Comment